Re: getting Juk to use gstreamer backend

Alejandro Exojo <suy@badopi.org> writes:

> El Lunes, 20 de Diciembre de 2004 18:38, Jason E. Stewart escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have no clue how to make juk use gstreamer. I also have no clue how
>> to get juk to use arts for that matter.
>>
>> I am successfully using XMMS with ALSA, but I cannot get any songs in
>> juk to play - they play but create no sound output.
>
> First, please note that debian-qt-kde is for developers, and debian-kde for
> users. Don't post user questions to debian-qt-kde, because developers also
> read debian-kde, so you don't get a broader audience, but make messages hard
> to find. I'm sending now to debian-kde, please, follow-up there.

No problem, sorry - didn't know.

> Second, debian no longer ships a gstreamer enabled juk (I can't recall exactly
> why, but other will do).

Huh, ok.

> I don't have arts enabled and it works fine with the other backend.

The only backends listed with 'apt-cache show juk' are gstreamer and
arts - perhaps that should be updated. What is the *other* backed? I
tried to play songs directly after installing juk and got no sound.
Installing gstreamer didn't help.

There is also no preferences dialog to choose the sound backend, and
the manual doesn't have any information either. So I'm a bit clueless
how to proceed.

Thanks again for the help.
jas.