Sarge KDE weird icon colors on selecting/highliting?

My KDE installation on two different (and updated) "sarge" machines shows weird KDE colors when selecting an icon (for instance, the "folder" icons gets greenish in one of the machines, one the user one it gets some purple zones in some areas of the icon)

It happens with all (well... I havent't checked every one of them) icons.

At first I tought it was some XFree driver problem, so I changed to 16 and 8 colors, tried "ati", "radeon" and "vesa" drivers (this was specifically on a laptop with a Radeon7500Mobile), and they all produced the same results.

Then I notisted that gnome does not show this behaviour. It's ok.

KDE bug?
Joao Clemente