POP filters in KMail

	I'm running KMail 1.6.2 with KDE 3.2.3, and I am unable to get the POP
filters working. What I want to do is filter out messages that have been
flagged as spam; the POP server I connect to nicely runs SpamAssassin, but
leaves it up to the user to decide what to do about it. It appends a header
spam, and what I would like to do is just delete every email with that
header.
	So, under the POP3 filter dialog, I create the following filter:
o Match all of the following
o <any header> - contains - This message may be SPAM
o Filter Action: Download mail later
o Global Options: Always show matched 'Download Later' messages in a
confirmation dialog.

But it does nothing. I set it to "Download later" to simply double check that
it was working, but that spam keeps coming in even when I change it to
"Delete mail from server."
	As an extreme example, I created another rule, that should download all mail
later and show a confirmation dialog for all emails larger than 1 byte. This
too does not work, since all messages (spam and otherwise) continue to be
delivered. Are the POP3 filters simply there for show, and should I be
looking into other means of filtering out spam?
	TIA,
	:Peter