Re: Qt3 libraries not found while compiling

On Monday 19 April 2004 8:38 am, Chris Cheney wrote:
> You might need to include --with-qt-dir=/usr/share/qt3 . Please look at
> the docs in kdelibs4-dev and the admin/debianrules file for more
> information about how to compile kde packages under Debian.

I know this doesn't count as RTD (Reading The Documentation), but I find that
the following settings usually suffice in order to compile and then package
random kde software:
	export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3
	./configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/bin --sysconfdir=/etc \
		--libdir=/usr/lib --includedir=/usr/include/kde \
		--with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 --mandir=/usr/share/man \
		--infodir=/usr/share/info

Then do a "make", and then in order to package and install:
	sudo checkinstall -D
(the above does a "make install" for you.)

Usually works for me.  (But of course if I've missed out anything important
please amend...)

HTH,
Daniel.