Re: translation mouse gesture

On Monday 12 April 2004 16:01, Elmar Höfner wrote:

> This might be usefull for some of you:
>
> To translate a highlighted word using a mouse gesture, do the following:
>
> 1) Create a script with these lines (or just copy&paste):
>
> ##start here
> WORD=`dcop klipper klipper getClipboardContents`
> konqueror http://dict.leo.org/?search=$WORD &
> exit 0
> ## end here
>
> name it e.g. 'translator', make it executable and copy it to /usr/local/bin
> (if you want systemwide access). DON'T ADD '#!/bin/sh' in the first line!
>
> 2) Using KHotkeys, select 'new action' and name it 'translate'.
> 3) Define a trigger you can easily remember. I used "74159", this is a
> hook-shaped gesture.
> 4) As Action, define "Command/URL: translator"
> 5) Ready. You can use this gesture anywhere, the word added last in the
> clipboard (=last highlighted word) will be sent to LEO for German/English
> or English/German translation.
> 6) If you want other things happen to the highlighted word, change the URL
> in the script. I got this from Konqui's web shortcuts: replace "\{@}" with
> "$WORD".
>
> Bye,
> Elmar

Thanks for the nice tip!
However I'm not able to get mouse gestures working in general. :/ Are there
any special requirements (e.g. extra packages)? The khotkeys feature appears
in kcontrol and I'm able to setup new gestures; the khotkeys daemon should be
up and running as well ('disable' box isnt' checked).
Maybe my hands are too tremulous for proper gestures. ;-)

KDE version: 3.2.1

Regards,
Tobias