kdm, kcontrol, and other problems under KDE 3.2 with Sid

I have installed the un-released kde3.2 packages as
recommended on

http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKDE

for Sid users who are impatient.  These packages are very good indeed
and thanks to those who have made them available.

Here is a couple of problems I have had:

1) kdm does not work.  The symptoms appear to be Xauthority related.
There is a temporary Xauthority file getting created in
/var/run/xauth/.  After logging into kde using the kdm front end, the
system just does nothing.  Nothing appears to be running inside of X.  I
can get out with a cntrl-alt-backspace.

2) individual logins at the console and an "exec startkde" via the
.xinitrc file and xinit works fine as usual and expected.

3) There is not kcontrol icon in the Kmenu.  I had to add this by hand.
YOu just about have to have kcontrol !

4) My xmms-arts package had to be removed, so I have problems running
xmms under kde3.2 using the arts sound server.

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
jdfreels@comcast.net