Konstruct Erratum

I recently used the Konstruct build system to create a KDE 3.2RC system on my machine.

It was found that if all folders on the build chain are not owned by the same user, an error will result.

I deduced this because the first time I downloaded the Konstruct module as a system user and then attempted to execute it as root.  An error occured that stopped the build process and I consulted debian-kde.

After a reply, I executed a chown --recursive on the directory and then executed the 'cd meta/kde;make install' without error.

I still an unsure what actually changed, as the root user should be able to do anything...but my changes worked and this message passes along my experience.

Robert Tilley