Re: kmidi problem?

Am Montag, 19. Januar 2004 10:07 schrieb Doug du Boulay:
> For me the distortion of the background synthesizer chordy bit (I know what
> I'm talking about, really I do :-) seems to overload it at about the :50,
> the 2:20 and 4:00 minute marks, after which sound cuts out altogeather.
> Then about the 1:50 and 3:20 marks sound cuts back in again.
> But briefly, three times, it sounded pretty good :-)
> Its a mystery to me.

I only understand half of the above :-/

> Can alsa and aRTS play nicely togeather, or does one replace the other (not
> sure I want to go that far. The Eurythmics aren't __that__ good).

Actually, if you go more down, it gets faster and better. Arts should become a
pure lib as alsa advances more and is less painful to use.
Simply start timidity like with an init script like:
#! /bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DAEMON=/usr/bin/timidity
NAME=timidity
DESC="Timidity ALSA slave"
OPTIONS="-iAq -Os"
test -x $DAEMON || exit 0
set -e
case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting $DESC: $NAME"
        start-stop-daemon --start \
            --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid --make-pidfile \
            --background \
            --exec $DAEMON -- $OPTIONS
        echo "."
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Stopping $DESC: $NAME "
        start-stop-daemon --stop \
            --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid \
            --exec $DAEMON
        echo "."
        ;;
  *)
        N=/etc/init.d/$NAME
        echo "Usage: $N {start|stop}" >&2
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
exit 0

Most of it is copied and it cuts down to: timidity -iAq -Os
Last time I checked, order mattered.
Kmid then can make perfect use of it.

However, with kmidi you have more control. But the frontend really sucks :-(

HS

        oder über pgp.net