Re: KMail filter on attachments? (How to filter windows viruses.)

On Sunday 11 January 2004 01:58, Antiphon wrote:
> I don't use POP. Plus, the KMail POP3 filters require confirmation. Very
> annoying if you leave your machine to autocheck.

yapp. but really, better use spamassassin and clamscan.pl. Both together get
more than 99% of my spam (and clamav writes, for curiosity, the virus name
into the mail header) and the only false positives I got so far were Bugtraq
postings with exploit/virus details inside the mail.
Don't delete any mail unless it's a fun only account where people don't get
mad if you don't answer their mails. Make kmail filters filtering on
spamassassin/clamav header fields and make one SPAM and one VIRUS folder.
Virus mails can even get marked as read. So you get your spam into the spam
folder and it takes less than a second a day to see if there are any false
positives there.

Greetings,
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin