Re: Accessing Code

El Jueves, 8 de Enero de 2004 15:45, Bob Tilley (AT&T) escribió:
>  For example, how could I download the project for KMail, open it within
> KDevelop 3, change certain files, and recompile the project to produce a
> new binary. Does such a beast exist that will allow me to download
> everything at once?

You can download the kdepim CVS module (look at developer.kde.org for help
with CVS), then open kdevelop3, and import a new project. One great thing of
kdevelop3, is that parses the sourcecode, so you can create a kdevelop
project file from a sourcecode that doesn't uses kdevelop.

The opposite was always true, because kdevelop uses autoconf, automake, and
make, so you can develop without using a GUI.

If you want to start with kde programming, my best choice is Antonio Larrosa's
tutorial:
http://developer.kde.org/~larrosa/tutorial.html

Regards.

--