Re: k3b burning audio discs

2004. január 05. 14:54 dátummal tech@gnuconsulting.com ezt írta:
> Any ideas, anyone?

I have had this problem too, but figured out fortunately. I'm writing my
solution, but that doesn't mean, that it will be working for you.

First of all if you compiled k3b from sources it is usefull to do it with
--enable-debug, and when you installed it, run k3b from konsole. Then k3b
will put a lot of useful info to the konsole. You should check k3b's setup
too. Settings -> Configure K3b -> Plugins. If you don't see there any
plugins, then that is the problem.
For ogg decoding you have to have ogg+vorbis installed, and for mp3 decoding
you have to have the mad libraries. And don't forget that if you compile k3b
from sources, you also have to have those lib's devel packages. But for wav
decoding, you don't need anything, k3b has a wav loader included in it.
But you must see the K3b Wave Decoder in the above mentioned K3b plugins
window to be able to load wav files.
So if you don't have anything in that plugin list, then you probably installed
the libs to the wrong dir, or there aren't any plugins at all :)
You should search you k3b prefix for *libk3bwavedecoder*. If you found it,
then make sure it's directory is in you LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or in the
etc/ld.so.conf. If you found it but still nothing, and k3b doesn't load the
plugins, then try to symlink them into the kde's libdir
(usually /usr/local/kde/lib), and see if it works. If it is working, then
maybe you've installed the libraries to the wrong directories. K3b is looking
for it's plugins in it's $PREFIX/lib.
The default prefix during the ./configure is /usr/local/kde. And if you don't
add any additional arguments to the configure, then the libraries will be
installed to /usr/local/kde/lib, and k3b will try to find it's plugins in
there. You have to add that dir either to you LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, or to
your /etc/ld.so.conf (and sometimes run the ldconfig program as root after
this). Then k3b will recognise it's libs. If you add some extra options to
k3b's configure (i.e.: --exec-prefix), then watch out, k3b will be looking
for it's libs in the $PREFIX/lib, but the libs will be installed to
$EPREFIX/lib. I've already mentioned that the default prefix
is /usr/local/kde, thus you have to specify another argument
--libdir=/usr/local/kde/lib, and then the libraries will be installed to the
correct dir, and k3b will recognise them.

Hope this helps.
bye,

Daniel

--