Re: konqueror: Two toolbar symbols "+1" and "-1"

[Hi, I discovered this bug through debian-qt-kde@l.d.o and just wanted
to share my views about it. I hope this message reaches the submitter.
CC debian-kde.]

* Roland Illig [Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:28:09 +0200]:

> I'd like to see two new buttons in the toolbar that are labelled "+1"
> and "-1". What they should do is:

> - get the current URL
> - split off any #position part
> - look for a number in the last component of the URL
> - for "+1": increase that number
> - for "-1": decrease that numer if it is greater than 0.
> - go to that URL

> example:

> current URL: http://www.example.com/books/foobook/page1.html#section2
> after "+1" : http://www.example.com/books/foobook/page2.html

AIUI, the way to go about this is via link tags in the html document,
which are explained in [1] (page which also constitutes a nice example
of its use). The thing is, a page such:

    http://www.example.com/books/foobook/page1.html

*should* contain a <link ref="next"> tag pointing to:

    http://www.example.com/books/foobook/page2.html

So, the browser can provide a pair of buttons to easily navigate through
all the pages of the document. Mozilla implements this via its
"Navigation Toolbar", which I find pretty useful. AFAIK, Konqueror lacks
such a feature (point me to the correct place if I'm wrong, please), and
so another wishlist bug could be submitted asking for a "Next" and
"Previous" buttons (first, last, etc. would also be nice), instead of
the too specific +1 and -1.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.1.2

--
Adeodato Simó (a.k.a. thibaut)
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | IM: my_dato [jabber.org] | PK: DA6AE621

One way to make your old car run better is to look up the price of a new model.