Re: What's current status of KDE in Sid?

On Sunday 05 October 2003 01:28, Hereon shaped the electrons to shout:
> --- Ricardo Galli <gallir@uib.es> wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 October 2003 10:53, Paul Cupis shaped the electrons to
> >
> > shout:
> > >
> > > It is available.
> >
> > Which doesn't mean it's in a good status. But the opposite.
>
> Thanks Paul & Ricardo!  :)
>
> Ricardo - You say that it is in "the opposite of good status".
>
> Do you mean:
>
> 1) That some extra steps beyond normal are required to _install_ it?
> (As Paul indicated.) Or,

Yes, there are some wrong dependencies in kdebase and kdemultimedia (it
seems due to a bad NMU)

> 2) That even when installed, using the extra steps, KDE on Debian (Sid)
> is not functioning properly?

Problems with accented and non ascii characters:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2003/debian-kde-200310/msg00029.html

The Sid version is perfectly usable, with some annoyances.

I would say thet in my case, with locally compiled kdebase, is almost
unusable for non-english writers. So keep strictly on Sid.

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/