Re: Konqueror running out of memory

Hi,

I've come across the problem described by some people on this list on May 6th
2003 as well: konqueror as browser suddenly started to eat up incredible
amounts of memory (1024MB after 1-3 secs), usually right away when started,
sometimes only after clicking on a link if the first page comes up.

I seem to have fixed the problem on my system (for now at least) by deleting
three files in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/:

~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml.tbcache
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/faviconrc
~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konq_history

The bookmarks.xml.tbcache file was 0-size in my case (while the bookmarks.xml
file is ca. 65k).

I don't know which of those was responsible for the hick-up, but it all works
now.

I hope this info might be useful for others who encounter the same problem.

Cheers
-Tim