KDE 3.1: relocation problem?

Hello,

I've tried to upgrade from a stable KDE 3.0.5a an debian sarge to KDE 3.1 today.

Getting the packages installed was not hard, however, when I run KDE, I see a message, that kdeinit fails to start and likewise all other kde apps fail:

<appname>: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4: undefined symbol: defaultStyle__6KStyle
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-###' to '<appname>'
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

Can someone decode this ;-)

Have I missed to purge some package?

please help,

* André