Re: KDE3.1 and woody crash

On Sunday 26 January 2003 17:05, Christian Traber wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I installed KDE3.1 from http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde/woody/. on
> my woody.
> My previous KDE Version (3.0.5a) worked without problems!
>
> Now if I start KDE3.1, after a few seconds, (for example if I move a
> window) everything freezes, I can still move the mouse pointer but
> no mouse or keyboard input is taken.
> I can only reset the system:-(
> I can't find any reason in the logfiles.
>
> (My system is a AthlonXP with Nvidia GeForce2 and newest nvidia driver)
>
> Has anyone else such a problem with KDE3.1 and woody?
>

> Thanks and regards
> Christian

The same. I "solved" this by disabling the RenderAccel option in XF86Config-4,
and by forcing nvidia.o to use the 2x AGP setting. BTW, what kind of
motherboard chipset do you have? I thought my motherboard was to blame for
this behavior: I have an Asus A7A266-E, mounting ALiMagik 1647, probably
known as the worst chipset in history. It has already given me a number of
problems, so I consider myself lucky enough to still be able to use my pc
that I won't complain about losing performance from the graphic
accelerator...

Anyway if anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Thanks

-Mario