KDE3.1, libarts and libsdl1.2

I have a Debian Testing system here still on KDE 2.2.2, and I thought
I'd do a dummy run (apt-get -s) before I upgrade for real to Ralf's
3.1/Woody packages, which are very much appreciated - thank you !

However I've got a bit of a problem which I thought worth mentioning.
I have libsdl1.2debian-all installed, which depends on libarts.
So upgrading to libarts1 removes libsdl1.2debian and hence a number of
libraries, plugins and programs which, though not KDE programs, in turn
depend on libsdl.

Most obvious solution is to use a non-arts version of libsdl1.2debian
(either oss or esd seem to be the choices), but though I don't have
any ideological preference for arts versus other sound interfaces, it'd
be helpful not to have to worry about it.  Could libsdl1.2debian-arts
and libsdl1.2debian-all be rebuilt for KDE3.1 to depend on libarts1,
please Ralf ?

Nick