Re: kdebase-audiolibs

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 11:23:55PM -0500, Richard Beri wrote:
> I tried installing kde3 from Karolina, it didn't install completely and
> now kde is broken altogether.  Apt-get is hanging on kdebase-audiolibs,
> it says it is missing version number in /var/lib/dpkg/status  near
> line#2500.  I can't apt-get -f install or apt-get upgrade or anything.
> I am using testing. Thanks,

You have to edit that file as root.  Be very careful, you don't want to
screw it up :-)  Basically, you're going to find a screwy character (or
two or three) in there, near that line.  It should be fairly obvious what
the fix is once you see it (just compare vs. the surrounding packages).

HTH,

D.A.Bishop