Help : Kde 3.05A on Woody fail on start

 Somebody can Help Me ? I don't Know what I can do and what
really Happens.
Kdm manager is open, I start an Kde Session , The X server
crash very quickly at the beginning of the session  just after
the view where the mouse  appears and the logo of kde3 is on
back end.
The driver type of my Xserver is "VESA".
Where are the log of the Kde session, the only one I see is
the Kdm.log but he is not very explicite.
If I launch an GNOME session from Kdm Its works fine.
I would like to work with KDE which seem more modern and
interesting.
P.S. : I am an beginner with linux, and i don't know if it is
the good list to speak of this

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 ?/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)"