Konqueror Keeps Krashing

G'day all,

The following was originally sent to another mailing list a while ago
but no-one there seemed to have any ideas on what was going on -

My Konqueror has started playing up.  When used as a web browser it
seems like it loads pages from the network properly, then when it tries
to render the page it sits with the spinning KDE gear not spinning,
sucking all my memory and swap space (~1.5GB) and is eventually killed
by the kernel with a line like the following appearing in syslog:

Jul 10 10:45:34 erdos kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 1456 (kdeinit).

It's been doing this for a couple of weeks now; as far as I know I
haven't touched anything to make it break - certainly I've been running
this same version of Konqueror (Debian sid 3.1.2-1) since before it
started crashing so that doesn't seem likely to be the problem.

I tried creating a new user, and konqueror worked fine then, so
presumably there's something quirky in my ~/.kde that's causing
Konqueror to die.  Anyone have any ideas on what it might be and how to
fix it, short of wiping out all my KDE settings?

TIA,

Cameron.