Qt versioning (was: KDE 3.1.2 broken)

> Seems libqt3-mt-dev in sid is a lower version number than the woody
> version at kde.org.

Is it?  This is a serious problem - upgrades from woody to sid should be
seamless.  I recall having to epoch several of my KDE modules from 0: to
4: because the woody backports had incorrect version numbers which broke
the upgrades.

Can either Ralf or Madkiss shed some light on this?  I do *not* want to
see the situation where sarge releases and we have a flood of users
posting because their Qt and KDE won't upgrade properly.  Especially
given that one of debian's major strengths over other distributions is
its upgrades.

Ben.