QTDIR & KDEDIR ./configure errors

Hello,

I just did a dist-upgrade to sid and beside lilo everything went alright.

Now I want to compile qt and kde source but that failes. First it was
complaning about the qt
"
checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and libraries)
not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
"

With a manualy export of the QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3 I run into the next error.
Not finding anything from kde. I have installed kdelibs4-dev from sid.
"
checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!
"

Of course I have tried several option
--with-extra-includes=/usr | /usr/include
--with-extra-libs=/usr

Two things.
1. what should I do to let it compile correctly?
2. Where should I initialise the enviroment variable like QTDIR? I tried
.profile that didn't work.

--
Johnny Geling