Re: fc-cache does not work after upgrade to 4.3.0

On Thursday 06 March 2003 02:01 pm, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On Thursday 06 Mar 2003 7:48 pm, Fedor Karpelevitch wrote:
> > I upgraded to 4.3.0 from Daniel and now fc-cache does not seem to
> > work - when I run it it does not seem to do anything and only
> > prints these two lines:
> >

> > Fontconfig warning: line 199: invalid edit binding "same"
> > Fontconfig warning: line 211: invalid edit binding "same"
> >

> > what's wrong?
>
> whats in your /etc/fonts/fonts.conf file (and any other files you
> may have tweaked, that are included from fonts.conf)?

I did not tweak it, so I assume xfree 4.3.0 brought it. here is the
chunk of /etc/fonts/fonts.conf which causes the problem.Is it for a
different version of fontconfig or something?

<match target="pattern">
                <test name="prefer_outline">
                        <bool>true</bool>
                </test>
                <test name="family">
                        <string>Helvetica</string>
                </test>
                <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="same">
                        <string>Arial</string>
                </edit>
        </match>

        <match target="pattern">
                <test name="prefer_outline">
                        <bool>true</bool>
                </test>
                <test name="family">
                        <string>Times</string>
                </test>
                <edit name="family" mode="prepend" binding="same">
                        <string>Times New Roman</string>
                </edit>
        </match>