Open multiple files with one instance or a program

I'd like to be able to open a bunch of files from konqueror with one
instance of a program.  For instance, if I have a bunch of anime episodes,
I could select them in konqueror and have select open from the contextual
menu.  This would launch one instance of the player (in my case mplayer)
with all of the filenames as arguments.

This would be the logical equivalent of saying:
>mplayer file1.avi file2.avi file.avi
on the command line.

Right now if I do this there is one mplayer instance for each file.  Is
this something I can set up in KDE?  Or would something need to be added
to the contextual menu?

Thanks

--
Daniel Hobe