Re: installing kdevelop

A Dijous 10 Octubre 2002 01:08, Catalin Avram va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile kdevelop from source code.  I am using KDE 3.0.3
> and when I run the command:
>
> /configure --prefix=$KDEDIR --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/X11
> --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib
>
> I get the following error:
>

> checking for libXext... no
> configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed. Since configure
> can't find it itself, we stop here assuming that make wouldn't find
> them either.
>
> However, I have the following 2 files:
>
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6
> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXext.so.6.4
>
> Any ideas?
> Regards,
>
> Catalin A.
> -------
> I don't know how World War 3 will be fought, but I know that World War 4
> will be fought with sticks and stones!

Hi,

I think that the problem is about the configure parameters. Just try to do
with:

./configure --prefix=/usr

I have remember that I didn't write the KDEDIR... vars. I just wrote run
configure with that parameters. I supose that it should work, and it did.

I would like to know how I could do a deb file, but I don't know how. It's one
of the tasks in my TODO list.

Leo

Leo