NoteEdit for KDE 3.1?

I haven't been able to find a NoteEdit package for KDE 3, so I tried
building it from source. Unfortunately, it won't build. At first, it
wouldn't even configure, complaining that its test of bison/yacc failed;
I fixed that by correcting a syntax error in its yacctest.y file. Then
it configured, but building gave this error:

% make
cd . && make -f admin/Makefile.common configure.in ;
make[1]: Entering directory /home/craig/src/noteedit-2.0.17'
cd . && aclocal
cd . && automake --gnu ./Makefile
cd . && perl admin/am_edit Makefile.in
cd . && autoconf
configure.in:243: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
configure.in:569: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
configure.in:569: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
make: *** [configure] Error 1

At this point, I'm stuck; I don't know what this means or how to fix it.
Can anyone offer any suggestions? Has anyone else managed to build
NoteEdit for KDE3?

Craig