building qtlib fails?

I am still working on my Linux From Scratch box and have run into another
problem.

To build qt and kde3 in system standard locations, I've selected /usr/qt and
/usr/kde for the build locations. I've un-tarred qt-3.0.2 into /usr and
created a sym-link of /usr/qt, since qt says it should be built in place.
I've set the environment for the /usr/qt location, but when I try to build, I
get a segmentation fault. Since the box is next to me, I'll copy the error
message portion.

make[2]: Entering directory '/usr/qt-3.0.2/src'
/usr/qt/bin/moc kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp -o
.moc/release-mt/qapplication_x11.moc
make[2]: *** [.moc/release-mt/qapplication_x11.moc] Segmentation fault
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/qt-3.0.2/src'
make[1]: *** [sub-src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/qt-3.0.2'
make: *** [init] Error 2

I've tried the usual make clean, make distclean and even removing the entire
directory and starting again. The reason I'm using this particular version is
I got it on a cover DVD with KDE3Beta2 from a local Linux magazine and it
saves me hours of down-load time this way.

Since I know that quite a few people here are building different versions of
kde, I was hoping someone might know why I'm getting this error?

At the moment, I've got a rather sparce Linux installed on this box and I've
added xfce for a standard Desktop/Window manager but I'd really like to see
KDE3 on it. And since I pay per minute for my Internet connection, I'd really
like to avoid having to fetch the full sources if I can get by with the ones
I have.

Does anyone know if there is a known problem with this version of qt? It
seems strange that everything else I've compiled on this box works bar this.

Thanks again for any help and assistance and I now return you to your
regularly scheduled debian-based discussion.

Cheers,

	John Gay