Re: Dependendcy problem KDE3/wine

[Thomas Ritter wrote in newsgate.debian.kde]
 > after installing KDE3 from the well known apt source, I am unable to install
 > debian wine, as libwine depends on libarts, where KDE3 installed and needs
 > libarts1. Has anyone resolved this yet? Installing libarts would uninstall my
 > whole KDE3...

The previously discussed fix was to manually fetch the build dependacies of
wine (without libarts-dev, obviously), and install libarts1-dev. Then fetch
the wine source, edit debian/control to depend on "libarts1" instead of
"libarts", and debian/rules binary to build your own packages of it.

--
rob                                 <e> rob@impure.org.uk <pgp> 0x8bb5c71e