General problems/Xinerama (3.0.2)

Hello,
	I'm having problems with Xinerama support with the KDE packages on
kde3.geniussystems.net.
	I accidentally nuked my .kde/.kderc and decided that this was the sign
that I should move to kde3, so after a quick source change, I have KDE
3.0.2 and X Free 4.2 installed on my box.
	However, with Xinerama support enabled in X, KDE only shows the frames
of the windows, and none of the content.  I can still boot into KDE, and
Konqueror seems to work normally, but most KDE apps will not run, and
kicker has the same "no insides of windows" problem.
	Turning Xinerama off in X seems to fix this problem.
	Has anyone gotten Xinerama working with the new KDE/XFree packages?  Is
this a KDE problem, an X/KDE problem?
	ATM, I'm just looking for a KDE3 solution (with Xinerama :) ), as we're
trying to roll out Debian to the rest of the company and would like KDE
3 (FYI, we all have dual head systems).

	Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.

PS> What's the status on KDE3 in sid?  We're rolling out unstable to
developers here and are trying to figure out a migration part for them.
Not to nag, just curious as I hadn't seen anything on the list in a
while.

Matt