KDE3 loads style plugins twice?

Hi,

It my KDE3 installation (from the still unofficial debs) tries to load style
plugins twice whenever I start a KDE application:

 $ kate
 /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/light.so: Feature Light, 2nd revision already
 defined in /usr/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/light.so!
 /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/light.so: Feature Light, 3rd revision already
 defined in /usr/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/light.so!
 /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/styles/liquid.so: Feature Liquid already defined in
 /usr/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/liquid.so!

Seems like the style plugin path contains the same directory twice in slightly
different forms: "plugins/styles" vs "plugins//styles". Perhaps there is some
code to eliminate duplicates, but the two slashes are confiusing it.

Where are these paths defined and how do I remove the other one?

- Jarno