Re: Starting a cvs-compiled KDE from KDM

you must modify the "SessionTypes" in your kdmrc, like that :

SessionTypes=default,failsafe,kde3cvs

Then, in /etc/X11/Xsession.d/20xfree86-common_process-args , you must add a
section with the same name that you specified in the kdmrc, like:

      kde3cvs)
	export PATH=/opt/kde3/bin:$PATH
	export KDEHOME=~/kde3cvs
	exec /opt/kde3/bin/startkde