Euro configuration

Hello,
I have a problem with the euro configuration in KDE, I read the
debian-euro-HOWTO, and I have configured properly my system but it can't
show the euro symbol. I only have TrueType fonts when I'm root, but when
I'm a normal user I can have fonts which can represent eurosign but I have "?"
in console and in other applications. I read bugs related to KDE and euro sign,
it worked fine for two weeks. Who can help to reconfigure my KDE for
euro representation.
Thanks a lot