Re: Problems when stating KDE3

Hi,

Le Jeudi 18 Avril 2002 21:52, Anton Hattendorf a écrit :
> KCrash: Application Name = kded path = <unknown> pid = 22350
> KCrash: Application Name = ksplash path = <unknown> pid = 22324
> KCrash: Application Name = kcminit path = <unknown> pid = 22427
> KCrash: Application Name = knotify path = <unknown> pid = 22430
> KCrash: Application Name = ksmserver path = <unknown> pid = 22434

no matter how broken a KDE installation is, it should not crash.
It seems that each and every of your KDE apps is affected somehow.
Did you use gcc 3 to compile KDE? If so, this could be the problem.
You could try to use gdb to create a back trace of apps started from the
command line.

(I've given up on this issue and went back to gcc 2.95.4. Let's see if 3.1
works better. Qt works fine but KDE would need to much patching.)

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net