Re: [KDE3] Optimizing

On Monday, 8. April 2002 20:54, Bastian Voigt wrote:
> Could you please give a little bit more detail, as I am not really
> experienced in C++ programming. Do I just need to remove the dynamic_cast<>
> lines?

I'm also not an expert but the following worked for me:

In KDE3.0/kdelibs/kded/kbuildservicegroupfactory.cpp, replace
	dynamic_cast<KServiceGroup *>
with
	(KServiceGroup*)
(OT: I really don't have a clue on that stuff either, any pointer to good
documentation for dynamic/static/reinterpret/..._cast would be nice.)

> I don't want to wait :-))

Well, hope that helps. If not: I will update my KDE3 CVS tomorrow, quick-port
my own apps and then start to work for KDE directly again.
(There's not much time left for KDE 3.1...)

Josef

--
The MindX Open Source Project: Fighting proprietary games
GGZ now! - The GGZ Gaming Zone: http://ggz.sourceforge.net