Re: KDE or Qt frontend for Debconf

On Sunday 31 March 2002 14:10, Chris Howells wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know if anybody has tried writing a KDE or Qt frontend for
> Debconf?
>
> I'm trying to have a look at the deconf specifications now to see how hard
> it would be, but does anybody have some nice links for documentation on
> doing such a thing?

I did, and I gave up because it looked too boring. All the information you
need is in the source code. So, UTSL :)

Biggest obstacle was the fact that there were no proper perl bindings for
Qt.... I wasted some time trying to port one of the bindings to Qt 3.. :/

I was thinking of using a DCOP approach instead using available bindings,
maybe you could take that route. That would be pretty flexible.
Take one of the existing frontends and hack on it.

Good luck,

--
Eray Ozkural <erayo@cs.bilkent.edu.tr>