Two Kmail users in one X session

Hi,

I'm trying to make a shortcut/script/program that would start Kmail as
another user (and thus open the corresponding mailbox) in my own KDE session
without having to type in the password.

My latest attempt was a 'SUID user2' program in C:

 #include <unistd.h>
 int main () {
   putenv("HOME=/home/user2");
   system("/usr/bin/kmail");
   puts("Done.");
 }

This apparently doesn't set all the environment variables correctly:

 # ./kmailsuid
 trying to create local folder: Permission denied
 Aborting. bind() failed: : Permission denied
 ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP communication.
 Done.

Any better ideas on how to implement this?

- Jarno