Re: kdelibs compilation problems

On Tuesday 19 Feb 2002 10:32 am, Giles Constant wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > [and I didn't fail trying to build kdelibs!]
>
> It's ok for you then.. I'm still looking at a flickering background every
> time I run mine (and the control panel segv's when i try to configure
> the background) :-)
>
> Only thing is, I can't think of anything I did wrong during compilation!
> I fixed a trivial bug in arts to get kdemultimedia to compile.  Baffled.

All I do is

cvs up
make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && make

What I have noticed is that yesterday I had a complaint about xm/X ...
(something can't remember) missing and had to install the lesstiff-dev
package.  So double check that libpng and libjpeg etc and their -dev
equivalents are installed. Are you building kde with the qt-copy thats in the
package, or have you got a libqtx-dev and libqtx installed (where x should
=3) [I'm using the qt-copy and have set QTDIR to point to it.

Can't think of anything else is special (other than making sure
/usr/local/kde/bin is in the path and KDEDIR is set to this during build and

I editied inittab to run /usr/local/kde/bin/kdm from there under run level 5
and so changed the run level to that.  I had to spend a bit of time mucking
about with the /etc/ files (in the end I created /etc/kde3 as a copy from
/etc/kde2, edit the files in /etc/kde3/kdm to ensure that had the right paths
etc in and then created a symlink at /usr/local/kde/etc to point at the
/etc/kde3 directory)

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk