Install kde in Sid fails - depends libkmid... - How fix?

I just tried a fresh install of Sid & KDE.  Package "kde" refused to
install, (although "kdebase" did install), because of a couple
nonessential packages.   How can this be overcome?

I did a fresh install of Woody.
Then: apt-get install dist-upgrade    - to Sid.
then used tasksel to install X
That all worked.

Then: "apt-get -s install kde" and "apt-get install kde"
both failed with:
apt-get -s install kde
 Reading Package Lists... 0  Building Dependency Tree... Done

or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  kde: Depends: libkmid or
                libkmid-alsa but it is not going to be installed or
                libkmid-bin but it is not installable
       Depends: kdebase-audiolibs but it is not going to be installed or
                kdebase3-audiolibs but it is not installable
E: Sorry, broken packages

apt-get -f install kde             - got the same result.

Now, I don't _need_ audio & sound right now.  I'd just like to get
everything else but those packages.  Can that be done???

Note: I then _did_ install:
apt-get install kdebase
which worked, but didn't even install konqueror! (and almost no other
packages either).  :(

apt-get -s install kdebase
 Reading Package Lists...   Building Dependency Tree... Done
  kdebase-libs kdelibs3 kdelibs3-bin kdewallpapers libbz2-1.0 libfam0
  libjpeg62 libkonq3 liblcms libmng1 libqt2 libtiff3g libxml2 libxslt1
  kdebase kdebase-libs kdelibs3 kdelibs3-bin kdewallpapers libbz2-1.0
libfam0
  libjpeg62 libkonq3 liblcms libmng1 libqt2 libtiff3g libxml2 libxslt1
0 packages upgraded, 15 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.

I really want to install the "kde" metapackage, so I can get most
everything installed in one easy step.

How can I get that accomplished now?  Is there any way?

Or, does someone need to file a bug report, and have ccheney or someone
fix the packages?

Thanks!