Re: PNG trouble? (Kmail problem)

El Jue 13 Dic 2001 22:17, Jaakko H Kyro escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running unstable. After last update today kmail and knode ceased
> working, crash with SIGILL before anything shows. From the backtrace I
> could see that it originated from libpng, which is the newest version.
> Konqueror works fine, though. Anyone else experiencing this?

 Yes I have the same problem. I installed a new machine this weekend (first
testing and then updated to sid only for KDE packages) and found this same
problem. However I have another machine updated last wednesday with the same
versions of kmail (2.2.2-5) and libpng2 (1.0.12-2) and it does not have that
problem. Therefore I am not sure libpng2 is the problem. I find the same
crash for kppp, but I have no problems with the latest versions of konqueror
or konsole. It seems the problems has some relation with the kdenetwork
package.

  I have tried kmail in different accounts (new fresh ones and old ones) and
the failure is for all of them.

 I get the following error:

*** KMail got signal 4 (Crashing)
KCrash: crashing.... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kmail path = <unknown> pid = 317
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: DCOP communication error!

The backtrace mentions libc6, libpng2, libqt, and several other packages,

Pablo de Vicente.