kde & qt3

I'm trying to compile stuff from kde-cvs. Since libqt3-dev wants to
remove libqt-dev I have copied everything out from the deb manually (I
guess I know about the problems that this brings). But I still don't get
the kde-cvs to compile - it doesn't find the Qt libs although I am running
it with:

./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/ --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt

libqt3 and all the includes are there.

Could anybody who's done the stunt share his experience with me how he
went about it, what's wrong with the above or give me general tips on the
issue?
*t

PS: Please CC: me, since I'm not subscribed, thanks.

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11