Re: kde2 sound problem

> I found something useful on my sound problem on KDE.
>
> I opened an xterm and typed kde2 -h to see what my options are ... well
> kde started again.
> But it threw an interesting error:
> device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied).
>
> but the ls -l shows the permissions to be lrwxrwxrwx

So it looks like /dev/dsp is a symbolic link to something else. Have a look
at the permissions on the file that it is pointing to, that should show you
the problem. Probably you need to add yourself to the "audio" group. Are you
using devfs?

- Daniel

*      Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering
*      University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin@ieee.org