automake build issues

For those of you who are building kde packages and are hitting your head over
the automake issues here is my workaround.

    1:  go grab the automake 1.4.x package out of the package pool..it's  still
        in testing so get it and install it.
    2:  if you build like I do then you'll want to remove your clean line
        in debian/rules so that you no longer run make -f admin/Makefile.common
        cvs-clean but rather just do a make distclean.
    3:  Before running debuild (or whatever you use to build your package)
        run:  make -f admin/Makefile.common
        This will build all your .in files and configure
    4:  edit configure and change the lines that look like this:

   (This is aclocal's example...)

if (aclocal --version) < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1; then
   ACLOCAL=aclocal
   echo "$ac_t""found" 1>&6
else
   ACLOCAL="$missing_dir/missing aclocal"
   echo "$ac_t""missing" 1>&6
fi

  to look like this:

ACLOCAL="$missing_dir/missing aclocal"
echo "$ac_t""missing" 1>&6

Do this for aclocal, autoconf, automake, and autoheader...otherwise there
will be times when during the build process (on some archs) it'll run
autoheader or automake and thus dump you back into the same problems.

    5:  Remove the build-dep for autoconf/automake since the above steps
        take care of that.

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II