Re: KMail and Message-ID: header field

On Tuesday 18 September 2001 21:17, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> is there any known way to tell kmail that the smtp-server shall create the

Good question but I don't know. Because kmail (2.1.1 on potato) creates
buggy message id's (only hostname without domain - in my case "noys" instead
of "noys.inf.tu-dresden.de"), I've createt a small shell script which appends
the missing stuff:

#!/bin/sh
/bin/sed "s/\(^Message-Id:.*\)noys/\1noys.inf.tu-dresden.de/g" \
  | usr/sbin/sendmail $*

This script is called sendmail_hack. I've changed the location of sendmail
in settings to point to that script.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##