Re: hotmail access and ECN

>What the heck do i need to get kde to get in to
hotmail???

>I had some problems with various websites.  They were
>solved by turning off
>the ECN feature. Apparently some routers discard
>packets with the ECN bit
>turned on.

>Try

>echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

>i'm running 2.2.19 pre 17 #1 testing branch and have
the following
>installed kdebase 2.1.1.0-10
>kdebase-crypto 2.1.1.0-3
>kdebase-libs 2.1.1.0-10
>kdelibs3-crypto 2.1.2-1

>Konqueror version?

>--
>-Jaakko Kyrö
>Konqueror version: 4:2.1.1.0-10
>I would do the echo as you propose but i don't have
>tcp_ecn listed under
>ipv4.  Can I just make that file in >the
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ directory?

No, you shouldn't try to just make that file, as the
/proc tree is "magical". Anyway, that "fix" for ECN is
only needed under 2.4 kernels, and you're running 2.2.
See here
http://eltoday.com/article.php3?ltsn=2001-04-17-001-14-PS

Can you be a little more specific about your problem
getting into Hotmail? I know one ongoing problem with
Konqueror is javascript. Also, are you in a position
to upgrade to the recently released KDE 2.2, or would
that be impractical for you?