Re: Compile small KDE application

On Monday, 6. August 2001 12:34, Emil Wilmanski wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using Debian with KDE v.2.1.1 and i try compile some programs. In
> fiew ones I have problem to do it:
>
> checking for KDE... libraries /usr/local/kde/lib,
> headers /usr/local/kde/include
> checking for extra includes... no
> checking for extra libs... no
> checking for KDE headers installed... configure: error: your system is
> not able to compile a small KDE application!
> Check, if you installed the KDE header files correctly.
>
> I don't idea to how make it. I tryed install all KDE libs from deb, next
> I instaled libs from src and it not worked to.
>
> Have any some ideas about how to do it??

Using the kdelibs debian packages should be ok, but remember to install the
development packages, too.
You can look at config.log why the compilation failed. Maybe configure is looking
at the wrong places. If you're using the do-it-yourself kdelibs, you've to care
about the KDEDIR enviroment variable.

-Cajus