Re: kwords error

On Tuesday 10 July 2001 16:41, Shih Lin wrote:
> get error when I will use kwrod
>
> root@lshih:~# kword
> kword: error while loading shared libraries: libkoml.so.1: cannot open
> root@lshih:~#

On Debian potato or woody or sid?  AFAIK libkoml.so was replace long time ago.

Where did you get our debs from?  Maybe a KDE mirror site?  Those debs are
hopelessly out of date.  For potato check http://kde.debian.net.  For
woody and sid the debian mirrors include KDE already.

> I do not know how to get version number of kde and kword
> also searched debian.org, no package related to libkoml.so.1

All kde apps support (may not work in your case)

ds02(0) ~/tmp > kword --version
Qt: 2.3.0
KDE: 2.1.2
KWord: 0.9 (beta1)

On this list the package version is much more helpful.  Try

	dpkg -l '*name-of-kde-app-here*'

or
	dpkg -S `which kword`
	dpkg -l package-name-listed-by-S