Re: Making Brahms, the Debian way?

On Sunday 08 July 2001 01:34, John Gay wrote:
> I remember this subject came up here before, but i can't find the mails so
> I'll ask for myself.
>
> I just down-loaded the latest sources for Brahms from the main KDE site. I
> would like to try to compile it, but I want to be sure that it goes in the
> proper directories. I understand that there a many tools that Ivan and others
> have provided to help simplify this task. I think I've got most of them at
> this stage, but I just want to be sure.
>
> I am guessing that first I need to be able to 'make' brahms sucsessfully
> before I can start implimenting the Debian-specific changes. I still need to
> chase down a few things, I think just the arts development stuff.

I'm not sure if latest brahms sources compile with KDE CVS.  There's a special
branch with additional features for brahms (announcement appended).  If
make fails ask on kde-multimedia@kde.org for more details.  Further at least
~ 10 days ago one need alsa (or hack sources) to compile brahms. --without-alsa
did not work but maybe this is fixed already.

Achim