KDM Login Problem

When I turn boot my machine, the normal KDM login prompt appears.  After
login, I am dumped into BlackBox as my window manager without the KDE
environment.  After right-clicking and selecting "KDE" as my window manager,
the familiar KDE environment starts.  While this is acceptable, it is more
involved than necessary.  I've tried "update-alternatives --config
x-window-manager" but KDE is not listed.  I can also find no description of
the update-alternatives command in any of my Linux books.

Do I need to uninstall all window managers accept for task-kde?  I have TWM,
Blackbox, and Afterstep installed on my system.

Any information is most appreciated!
--
Robert Tilley
tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com