Re: Fonts

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 04:27:51PM +0200, Stephan Jaensch wrote:

> did something change regarding fonts with the last update in unstable? The
> standard arial font now appears almost as if it was bold, which is quite
> annoying... and the same amount of text now takes up much more space on the
> screen, too. The thickness of the letters is OK if I reduce the font size by
> one (down to ten), but then it is simply too small.

You probably got bitten by the "xinit starts X11 in 100 dpi" and/or
"kdm starts X with 100 dpi". There are debconf info screens telling you
that, btw.

Depending on which method you use to start X11, edit
/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc or some file in /etc/X11/kdm/ (i think it's
Xserver_0) and remove the "-dpi 100" switch.

--
Andreas Trottmann <andreas.trottmann@werft22.com>