Re: KDE compiled for i686

>Hello all,

Hello to you ;)

>The other point for compilation is stability. I have something weird on my
>system that causes kde to crash VERY regulary, if I compile my own set, this
>goes away.

Fair enough, though it sounds cinda dodgy to me.

>As for compiling it can be as simple as issuing the command
>
>apt-get source --compile <package name>

Thanks! Since I'm now using Progeny, which I think is compiled for Pentium level
already, I just might need this for setting up an old hp netserver I've got that
I'm hoping to commission as a virtual CD Jukebox and Internet gateway for my
Daughters school.

How would I tell my Dual PII350 machine to compile for a 486 target?

>Regards,
>
>Stephen.

Cheers,

     John Gay